- Check your eligibility for help at a free tax clinic (CVITP).
- Fill the personal information form.
- Send your tax document to us through our secured electronic drop box (e-courier).
- A volunteer reviews your eligibility and tax documents.
- After verification, your tax returns will be e-filed to CRA.
Check your eligibility
- Benefits, such as the Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security, disability insurance, employment insurance, and social assistance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs)
- Scholarships, fellowships, bursaries, or grants
- Interest (under $1,000)
- Other Income (Specify)
- No income
- Self-employment (Individuals must have a T4A and meet the requirements below in order to qualify)
Individuals who have a T4A slip (Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income), that shows self-employed or business in box 048, may be eligible to have their tax return completed through the CVITP if all of the following conditions are met:
- The total income in box 048 is under $1,000
- No expenses are claimed
- The individual is not registered as a GST/HST recipient.
Any individual who intends to claim any type of expense (employment expense, self-employment expenses, business expenses, etc.) does not qualify for this program.
Suggested levels of income
|Family size||Total family income|
|Number of persons||Amount|
|More than 5 persons||$52,500, plus $2,500 for each additional person|
In order to qualify, your family income must be less than the above-suggested income levels. Furthermore, family size includes an individual, or a couple, and their dependents.
Check out the required documents
Let us help you!
Let us help you file your student income taxes and benefits returns perfectly.